We’re back in business with Favorite Pin Friday. If you missed the explanation for last week’s lack of posts you can read it here. Today’s recipe was inspired by a couple of recipes I’ve found on Pinterest, this and this.
Easy, Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
1 lb breakfast sausage
12 English muffins (original or wheat)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown breakfast sausage, drain off excess grease
- Grease muffin tin, crack and scramble 1 egg in each of the 12 muffin cups
- Divide breakfast sausage into each muffin cup
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are cooked
- While egg muffins cool, open and toast English muffins under a low broiler. About 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove egg muffins from tin, cut in half, and place one in each English muffin.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Add vegetables (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms) or other meats (bacon, ham) to the egg muffins.
- Add cheese to English muffins